Monday, September 21, 2009

Are You #$%*!&^ Kidding Me!?!


September 21, 2009.

Last "official" day of summer.

First "unofficial" day of winter.

Not funny.

Snow accumulated down to 10,000 feet or below, with it actively precipitating snow as low as 6,500 feet today.  I like the mountains, but 8 months with snow is starting to get a little oppressive.

We were discussing at work the seasons in Colorado:  Winter, and Not Winter.  Or as someone called it, "Spautumn".

Please don't tell me its time for down parkas, fireplaces and sweatpants already.  Where is my fleece-lined skinsuit already?

On a lighter note, my homeowner's association board, of which I am a part of, made me take down my enormous installation of one string of Christmas lights, which I had lazily left up since last Christmas.  Comical, because no one noticed until two weeks ago (when I received the notice that I would be fined if they weren't removed), the person who noticed is a "code enforcement official" the HOA hires to literally walk around and find instances of people breaking the rules and regulations (note: doesn't live here), and besides, they're going right back up in 8 weeks.  Which begs the question:  Who really gives a shit about 50 little bulbs that haven't been turned on since last January?  Besides, it's winter now!

1 comment:

  1. As a member of the board, I think you should spearhead a movement to make it mandatory that all homeowners MUST display and have on Christmas lights all year long. You are in a position of power.

    ReplyDelete