Tuesday, November 9, 2010

New Team, New Bike(?)

It snowed today.

All day.

Not too thrilled about it.  Because it means mountain biking, for all intents and purposes, is done for 2010.

Hey, I had a good run.  28 29 races good.

Here's to looking toward next year.  Drink 'em if you got 'em.

If you've been paying attention to my 'sponsor' sidebar to the right, you may have noticed that some changes have taken place.  Via great timing and a good friend, I've decided to make a switch.

I'll be racing for Bach Builders MTB team next year, and am super-psyched about it.  Bach Builders will give me an opportunity to meet new people, become more immersed in the mountain bike community, and be involved with a team that has more of a "team".  I am just looking for support, camaraderie, and the feeling of belonging to something.  A huge bonus - one of my good friends, Tim Mt. Pleasant, will also be joining the Bach Builders MTB team for next year.

Tim's got aspirations. I mean ASS-PER-AY-SHUNS.  I've personally witnessed him coming steadily up through the ranks, and he's not one to back off of a challenge.  As soon as he started putting together some solid results in Cat 2 races this year, he jumped up to Cat 1, and hung in there pretty well.  Looking forward to seeing what he can do next year.  He's just started a blog to chronicle his efforts toward becoming a licensed Pro-level endurance mountain biker.  Go get 'em, tiger...

Anyways, back to me :).

I've recently met with my coach to revisit the past season; what went right, what could be improved on.  Discussed some goals and things for next year.  Looks like the schedule is starting to come together...and it is looking pretty solid.  If it's possible, I'm already looking forward to a great 2011 season.  Only three more weeks before I start hitting the gym again.  Fuckin' stoked.  Let's do this!

Here's the new steed.  Well, it's skeleton, anyway.
Bach Builders is having the team "get-together" at Sports Garage in Boulder next Friday.  Only team members, and we're getting 'dibs' on 2011 Specialized gear at pro-pro pricing.

So I'm buying another bike - Specialized Epic 29er frameset.  And a helmet.  And new shoes.  And probably a saddle, too.

HA!  Take that, stagnant economy!

No comments:

Post a Comment