Friday, November 27, 2009

Happy Turkey Day Everyone!

I hope you all had a fantastic Thanksgiving, whether it was catching up with family, hanging out with friends, or just spending the day with a loved one.

My Turkey Day started off with the 2nd Annual Mike Janelle Frozen Turkey Time Trial.  Basic synopsis is thus:  Secure a frozen Jennie-O in a milk crate, tie said milk crate to the back of Elgee's original Specialized Rockhopper with a 20-foot rope, and pull it around a roughly 1-minute course at the Eagle Fairgrounds.  Turkey has to stay in the crate, and the crate has to stay attached to the bike, for the run to count.  One run only, time trial format.
 The Turkey...



Tied to this bike...



A good time was had by all, with Jon-O-Brah Jono Ridler taking home the bacon...err, turkey.  And new this year, the traveling trophy - a 1998-vintage Nokia cell phone in hunter orange.



I, myself, did not fair so well.  Had a great lap and monster gear going, but as I turned the corner to start climbing the Turkey d'Huez, the damn bird popped right out of the crate.  I failed to secure the turkey, so my effort ended up with a big ol' fat DQ.








After was all said and done, Mike Janelle Jr. showed up to wish us all a happy Thanksgiving.

 Lookin' forward to next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment