Monday, October 12, 2009

Leavin' On A Jet Plane

Don't remember who wrote that song...

Anyways, that's been the story lately.  Erin and I flew back to Kansas City for my cousin's wedding this past weekend.  Congrats, Crystal and Jacory!  I'm sure their enjoying the hell out of Kauai right now, while I'm sitting here half asleep...

Weird weather lately in the Rockies.  Thursday, we leave Eagle in the AM to head to the airport in Denver.  50 degrees and sunny at 8:00 in Eagle, 28 degrees and snowing in Denver at 11:00.  We get back Saturday evening- 24 degrees and mist/snow in Denver at 8:30pm, 42 degrees and clear in Eagle at 11:30pm.  Hmmm...  Continued today, with sunny skies and nearly 60 on the way home from work this evening.



So I went out and took advantage on Sunday.  Hopped on the mountain bike for a little Hardscrabble Road / Pipeline loop.  Was pressed for time, so I was pretty much hammering the entire ride.  But I took enough time to stop and grab some photos.  The picture to the left is looking down the Pipeline Trail...you can see the old water pipe flanking the trail.




I love this particular trail at this time of year.  This is one of the few trails that gets into the aspen trees around Eagle (most stay lower in the scrub and pinion junipers).  During the later stages of Spautumn, the leaves fall and cover the trail up.


Typically, this time of year decreases the stream running down Second Gulch to a line of mere puddles.  A bridge crosses the stream higher; this spot has to be ridden across.  In late spring, this section can be two feet deep of ice-cold snow runoff, and is flowing pretty good.  Today, it's just a leaf-covered lagoon.






So, got a good ride in.  Tuesday I'm back on the plane, flying to Reno/Tahoe to do a final walkthrough on the Ritz-Carlton Highlands at Tahoe, a brand new hotel at Northstar-at-Tahoe, which I personally designed all the voice/data/TV, audiovisual, and security infrastructure for.  Kinda cool to see your large projects come to fruition...I'll have some pictures from that one later.

'Cross in the Front Range this weekend, Saturday and Sunday.  Saturday is a definite; I'll try to make Sunday's race, but schedules don't look good right now.

Supposed to be 68 and sunny on Saturday in Eagle - get out on the bike and ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment